Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Take Me Away...

I don't know what it is. Maybe it's the time of year: getting ready for the Holidays: Thanksgiving, my Birthday, Christmas, New Year's that I really get in the "Old Hollywood" spirit. The look, allure, and the beautiful people. They were elegant. Looked elegant and sounded elegant.

No matter what kind of day I've had, when I put my Frank Sinatra records on, my day instantly becomes better. The stress of the day melts away, and for some strange reason I start to crave champagne as I sing along with "I've Got You Under My Skin." I imagine Frank singing to Ava at a nightclub, her looking adoringly at him. I like this image. If there were such a thing as time travel, this is the moment I would travel back to. Most might go back to right some wrong in history, and although that thought has occurred to me, I know where I really want to go. It was a time well before my time, a time when even my mother was was only a few years old, but still it is my time, if only for a moment.

So with my records playing and my imaginary glass of champagne (because cooking dinner for your family and helping your child with their homework isn't really doable while enjoying a glass of bubbly) I'm transported (briefly) to that special place.



No comments:

Post a Comment